The NAPA Warranty
Nationwide Peace of Mind Warranty
Covers Parts and Labor on Qualifying Parts and Services for 24 Months/24,000 Miles.
There's no greater piece of mind than knowing you have one less worry by having your vehicles services by the professionals at your local NAPA AutoCare Center. They stand behind their work with the NAPA AutoCare Peace of Mind Warranty.
It's a written warranty that is honored at more than 13,000 locations nationwide - more than any other automotive repair brand.
So - no matter where your travels take you - if you ever experience a problem with a covered repair, you can count on a NAPA AutoCare Center being nearby.
Extend Your Warranty
to 36 months/36,000 miles when you use NAPA AutoCare EasyPay Credit Card.
What are the Benefits to You?
- Included FREE with your covered work.
- Coveres parts and labor on qualifying repairs and services for 24 months/24,000 miles.
- Extend your coverage to 36 months/36,000 miles when you use your NAPA AutoCare EasyPay Credit Card (applications available at participating locations).
- Honored nationwide by thousands of NAPA AutoCare Centers, so your protected even when you travel.
What is a NAPA Warranty?
NAPA AutoCare is designed with today's consumers in mind. NAPA knows that a primary concern by many consumers is to find a reputable repair business that performs quality work and at a fair price.
NAPA AutoCare is not a franchise, but rather, a quality standard where independent repair business owners are invited to join based upon their community reputation, integrity, qualifications, and expertise.
Wherever your travels may take you, as well as right within your community, you'll find a NAPA AutoCare Center that can professionally take care of all your vehicle needs.
Trust NAPA Parts for Reliable Quality
If you depend on your vehicle, it's important to have parts and service you can depend on to keep it running right. Here's why your NAPA AutoCare Center installs NAPA-brand parts - and what makes them an excellent value:
- 80 years of dependability. NAPA has been the recognized quality leader in the auto parts and repair business for decades.
- NAPA parts means quality. NAPA-brand parts are designed to meet OE (original equipment) standards for quality and reliability. Professionals have relied on NAPA parts for over 80 years because they fit right, work right and they last. Sometimes NAPA has improved on the original design, correcting flaws or strengthening components. For parts you can rely on to have your vehicle maintained, make sure to ask for a NAPA part.
- Performance and durability. NAPA parts are constructed of high-quality materials that last. For example, NAPA Gold Oil Filters help engines last longer because they catch up to 45 percent more dirt than ordinary filters. NAPA Application-Engineered Brakes can help your car stop 20 feet shorter than other brands.
- Nationwide Warranty. The Peace of Mind warranty offers 24-month/24,000 mile protection on qualifying parts and labor. If you use your NAPA VISA Card, the warranty is expanded to 36-months/36,000 miles.
- Over 310,000 parts. Your NAPA AutoCare Center has fast access to the most extensive inventory in the industry, so you won't be kept waiting for a part.
Many NAPA AutoCare Centers Employ Quality ASE-Ceritified Technicians
ASE certification takes the guesswork out of finding a good technician. The independent, non-profit National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) tests and certifies the competence of individual automotive repair technicians so you can be assured of their skills and knowledge.
Here's why many NAPA AutoCare Center owners employ ASE-Certified repair professionals ... and why you should ask for them when you need repairs:
Proven Experience, Skills and Knowledge To become certified, technicians must pass at least one of ASE's 40-plus difficult national exams and provide proof of two years of relevent work experience. Prior to taking ASE exams, many technicians attend training classes or put in hours of study to prepare.
Changing Technology Today's complex vehicles demand current technical knowledge. ASE requires technicians to re-test every five years to keep up with technology and to remain certified. All ASE credentials have expiration dates.
Commitment to Quality Technicians who have invested the time and expense to earn ASE certification take pride in their work, and it shows in the service they provide. Shop owners and managers who encourage their employees to become certified maintain the same high standards in other aspects of their business.
Look for the blue-and-white ASE sign at your local NAPA AutoCare Center. ASE-Certified technicians wear the ASE shoulder insignia, and their credentials are often posted in the customer service area.
NAPA supports ASE Certification.